STOP RUSHING YOURSELF


Photo description:  A white mug with a tea bag overlooking a forest with fall-colored leaves. In a white box the words "Stop rushing Yourself" Are in capital letters in the middle of the scene.  


Hello Honey!

This week we're going to address how our minds rush us into situations we have no business being in. When my mom died I was determined to find something that would ease my mind and remove her from my memory, not because I didn't miss her or love her, but because I loved her so much that thinking about her in any capacity hurt. I took over a job that she was working on and completed it successfully.  However, once it ended, I had too much time left to think, and that is when I was buried in her memories. 

I made the decision to get a job in retail, for the first time, during the holiday season.  It was in hindsight, it was not my best plan.  I did not realize my error until after I completed my first day. My hobbies include reading and writing and using my mind for creativity, cashiering did not pique my interest. I was immediately overwhelmed and not distracted in a good way.  I needed to get home, and when I did everything came crashing down.  I didn't relate to my job, I missed my mother.  I made a mistake when deciding that I was going to speed up my healing process by avoiding my emotions. 

I ended up quitting my job not too long after starting.  I felt like a failure like I was letting down myself, my mother, and everyone trying to support me.  After taking some time to myself, I realized that staying in a workplace that did not serve me would not be disappointing, it is a stepping stone in life.  If you give the power to make decisions to anyone in your life except for yourself you will find yourself living a life that is not true to your values and, that would be a disappointment.   

Do not feel pressured to rush into any life decisions large or small.  Your path will always be yours, you must decide how and when you would like to take it. 

Instagram          Pinterest

Comments

Popular Posts