GO FAKE YOURSELF


Happy Fall Y'all! Yes, the southern in me is showing out today. A few days ago I was lucky enough to receive an Advance Reader Copy (ARC) of Go Fake yourself written by Elle Maxwell. This post will be a nonspoiler review.  I did thoroughly enjoy the book and the writing style of Maxwell.  If after reading this post you are interested in this story please click here to pre-order your own copy.


I received an ARC of this and OH My GOD! I loved it. I am a very experienced reader, especially in the fake dating trope. All I can say is this idea was brilliant. First things first, I love a table of contents and actual titles on chapters. The dual points of view allow insight into the minds of Walker and Audrey which is always important. When you tell a story from only one point of view you miss the emotions of others.

The characters were formed very well. Audrey was truly a shy character and not over the top or unbelievable in any way. The relationship was built at a speed that was very realistic and made their story believable. Fake dating is a hard trope to manage and Maxwell succeeded in creating a convincing course of events.

The couple had respective dysfunctional families. It appeared that one was more accepting and welcoming to a love interest and the other wanted control. The couple really stood up for each other. They accepted and embraced each other's differences.

This book will have you on your toes up until the end, truly wishing for a happily ever after, or maybe not. What happens in the real world?


READ THIS BOOK.

P.S. I am so glad that this book does not have a short girl and a tall guy as that has gotten very predictable with mainstream books. Representation for the taller women out there.


Comments

Popular Posts