THAT TIME I KISSED THE GROOMSMAN GRUMP

THAT TIME I KISSED THE GROOMSMAN GRUMP

A TGR REVIEW 
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5/5 Stars
🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁 5/5 Sweetness




Image Description: That Time I Kissed The Groomsman Grump book cover


Authors summary: 

"The second dumbest thing I ever did was let my brother's best friend kiss me ...


BRADY

Yeah, I shouldn’t have kissed Natalie Slater.

Not on the porch. Or at the beach. Or in the storage closet. Especially not the storage closet. But to be fair, she kissed me first. Six months later, I’m still thinking about it.

Trouble is, I’ve made promises that tie me to our small town, while Natalie can’t wait to escape. I’ve got no business pursuing her or my secret ambitions. My future’s set, and good people here are depending on me. Too bad my gut’s not listening to reason, and I'm being pulled toward different dreams: the career I’ve always wanted, and the woman whose smile I can’t forget…

NATALIE

Brady Graham and I used to be friends. For a while there, I was even the teensiest bit attracted to him. But Brady’s sister is marrying my brother, and my brother is Brady’s best friend. How awkward would family dinners be if things went south? We need to let our mutual attraction fizzle out.

Except…nothing seems to be fizzling. With all the time we’re spending together as Maid of Honor and Best Man, our attraction’s just burning hotter. Then the guy decides to show me his secret soft side. Hot and vulnerable? So. Not. Fair.

Because the only heat I need in my life is the sunshine in Los Angeles. I’ve made commitments on the west coast, and I can’t risk being sidetracked by Broody Brady.

I just need to put three thousand miles between me and his so-not-fairness…" - via Amazon link listed below 


Does the summary accurately describe the book? 

Yes! In fact, I'd say the summary doesn't do justice to how good this book is.



Image Description:  Review for That Time I Kissed The Groomsman Grump written in a notebook, book cover pictured in the top left.




TGR Review 

Natalie, the woman scared of flights.  The same woman who flew to her brother's wedding, to stand beside her future sister-in-law at their wedding.  Selfless and kind, pulling the best out of everyone and putting herself last.  Natalie felt inadequate, the second choice, a background character in her own life, always stepping out of the spotlight to let someone else shine.  Brady, is the man who gave up his dreams to keep a promise.  The vet tech who loved animals so much it hurt to see them in pain.   

Natalie had one foot out the door of her hometown, Abieville.  She has an apartment and a nursing job waiting for her in California.  After years of feeling like an outcast in Abieville, Natalie was excited to start fresh. Brady has a job at the local animal clinic as a vet tech.  Once the owners retired the business was his.  But does he still want it?  When he reunites with Natalie and sees the courage she displays to reach her goals he is able to find who he wants to be.  The pair kissed six months prior when Natalie ran out of gas.  But with one leaving and one staying it was not meant to be. Or was it? 

Christianson did an incredible job creating a book that reads like a movie. She created a push-pull, will they won't they moment her main characters.  It read beautifully, every time I thought I knew where the story was going there was a twist. I don't give out 5 stars often but for this story, how could I not? The originality, the creativity, the chemistry.  It is all believable and you will find yourself rooting for this couple.  If you are a fan of romance where they only have eyes for each other, no 3rd act break up, and a tight-knit community  Click Here to purchase your own copy.


My Favorite Quote 

"You and I both know you're strong enough to do this on your own, but you don't have to.  Not this time. Not anymore. Not if you don't want to." - "That Time I Kissed the Groomsman Grump"  by Julie Christianson


Comments

Popular Posts